The WashU BOLD@Olin program will immerse you in life-changing opportunities for learning, networking, and personal growth. You’ll learn from Olin Business School faculty, network with current students and accomplished business professionals, gain experience working on case studies, and discover the many areas of study available at WashU Olin.
If you are a rising junior or senior high school student and are motivated to discover more, apply for BOLD@Olin. Sample the college experience at WashU Olin and feel empowered to make your impact.
This program went above and beyond my expectations. It was incredibly fun and engaging, with fantastic teachers, staff and student mentors. I have learned so much and truly fallen in love with WashU.2023 Participant
July 7-11, 2024
Who Can Attend:
Students entering their junior or senior year in Fall 2024. This is a coed program.
Competitive applicants will have a 3.5 grade point average or higher.
On-campus housing, meals, and all program activities are included in the cost.
The program cost should not be a barrier to your ability to attend. A limited number of scholarships will be available for students who demonstrate high financial need (defined as a household income of $75,000 or less). More information can be found on the program application.
Applications for summer 2024 are currently open and will close on March 10th.
Be prepared to answer the following questions and upload the following documents on your application:
- In 1-2 paragraphs, describe what sparked your interest in business
- In 1-2 paragraphs, describe the traits or abilities that will make you successful in the BOLD@Olin program
- Upload an unofficial copy of your high school transcript
- Provide information (name, email, etc.) of your recommender**
**We will email your recommender directly with a separate form to fill out, which should only take about 5 minutes to complete. Be sure to give your recommender plenty of advance notice as recommendations must be submitted by the application deadline.
By applying to this program, I agree to follow the health and safety guidelines (including any vaccination or testing requirements) in place by Washington University in St. Louis at the time of my participation.
BOLD@Olin 2024 is currently scheduled to take place on Washington University’s campus. Participants must follow the health and safety guidelines (including any testing and vaccination requirements) in place by Washington University in St. Louis at the time of participation. As a condition of access to Washington University and affiliated facilities, all participants must be immunized by vaccination against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption from the University.
These guidelines may be found here: https://covid19.wustl.edu/
An application to Washington University is not required and admission is not guaranteed.
I felt that BOLD delivered a thorough and exceptionally well-executed introduction to all types of business. I enjoyed getting to learn about each different field from an array of highly accomplished professors, which helped me to certify that I want a degree in business and also to narrow down what I want to do.2022 Participant
The fantastic, experienced, and entertaining faculty and staff blew me away and made the week!2023 Participant
I was surrounded by some of the most talented and friendly peers, who had accomplished so much already, with no signs of slowing down…I learned as much from my peers as my professors, as we discussed hometowns, interests, passions, thoughts on global issues, and more. Being able to connect with this many insanely thoughtful and smart young women allowed me to create a network of motivated individuals who I know I can turn to for anything.2022 Participant
Answers to frequently asked questions
- Students are typically placed in suites, which include four single rooms and a shared bathroom. Housing may change year-to-year. Linens are provided, including sheets, a pillow and pillowcase, towel, and light blanket.
- There is no college credit awarded for completion of the program, but a digital certificate is provided to confirm attendance.
- Free transportation to and from the airport is provided during the check in and check out windows. Any transportation outside of this period is at the expense of the student.
- Applications are NOT reviewed on a rolling basis. Notification to students typically occurs 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
For questions, please contact Anna Russo, Coordinator of BOLD@Olin