Olin Undergraduate Programs will operate in line with the Campus Life Student Group Event Policy based on the Fall 2020 University Guidelines. Below are those guidelines outlining the process for undergraduate student group virtual event registration and in-person event approval. Please note that these guidelines are offered in order to limit risk and prioritize the safety of students, faculty, and staff who may participate in those events.
General Student Group Event Guidelines as outlined in the Fall 2020 University Guidelines:
- Outdoor events with attendance up to 25 will require approval
- Any event with expected attendance greater than 25 is to be conducted virtually
- Indoor events will be limited to a capacity of 10 or less, and will require approval
Due to safety concerns, the university is generally discouraging in-person events. Any event able to be conducted virtually will be asked to do so. For the fall semester, the following circumstances are considered unsafe practices and will not be allowed for event activity.
- Events involving physical exertion
- Performance group rehearsals, including but not limited to singing, dancing, etc.
- Sport club practices
- Events offering a food and/or beverage component
- Off Campus Events cannot be University sponsored
- All University sponsored travel, including local St. Louis travel, is suspended
- Alcohol will not be allowed at any University sponsored events, including virtual events
- Programming with youth must be registered and conducted virtually
- Non WashU affiliated visitors are not allowed on campus
- Register your event on WUGO (wugo.wustl.edu)
- This is the first step for both virtual and in-person events
- It is important to note that Reserve-A-Space will not be available to request event space during this time
- Fill in all remaining required fields on WUGO, and submit the event registration form.
- The appropriate approver will review your request, space will be assigned & confirmed within 5 business days.
In-Person Event Requirements:
In addition to the general attendance guidelines listed above, the following restrictions will also apply to any in-person events seeking approval:
- The default duration of the event is limited to one hour
- Physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained for the duration of the event
- Mask guidelines remain in effect for the duration of the event
- Event space will be assigned by Event Management or appropriate space scheduler
- Attendance tracking through WUGO is required to be submitted no more than 48 hours after the conclusion of the event
- Food and beverage are not permitted under any circumstance, catered or individual
- Cleaning supplies will be provided with the expectation that groups sanitize indoor spaces before and after use according to the instructions available within each room
- For the majority of meetings/events, Olin buildings are not available for non-class reservations. We will consider room use if a meeting/event truly cannot take place virtually. In this rare case, we will follow the previously outlined University Guidelines.
- All group study rooms in Olin buildings are closed for the fall semester.
These guidelines are subject to change based on the university’s current COVID-19 alert level, university policy, or other factors.