Develop your passion. Pursue your dreams. Start your journey on the road to success.
How would you like to learn about business and entrepreneurship from one of the top business schools in the country?
The Olin Fleischer Scholars Program (OFSP) provides a unique, week-long educational experience for economically disadvantaged, rising high school juniors and seniors. This program is designed to prepare students for the college admission process and learn about business and entrepreneurship.
Sunday, July 17th – Sunday, July 24th, 2022
While participating in the program, students will:
- Learn about academic and career opportunities in business
- Virtually study and interact with Olin Business School faculty, current WashU students, staff, and alumni
- Virtually interact with business professionals
- Build leadership and communication skills
- Find out more about the college application process and financial assistance/scholarships
- Draft and revise a resume and a personal statement for college
- Develop a business idea with a team and present to a panel of judges
Who Can Attend
- Students who will enter their junior or senior year of high school in the Fall 2021 semester
- OFSP is open to:
- First-in-family to college students
- Underrepresented students of color
- Students from low-income households
- Preference is given to students from the midwest region
- The program is completely free for accepted student participants
How to Apply
You are required to submit the following in order to apply for the program:
- Complete the online application:
- General Information (Including student, parent/guardian, and high school)
- Activities, Skills, and Honors (Including interests, student organizations, and community involvements)
- Two short essay questions (Maximum of 300 words each):
- Can you describe and explain your interest in business?
- What do you hope to accomplish and learn as a participant in the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program?
- An unofficial high school transcript sent electronically from the high school. Please have it emailed to Olin-FSP@email.wustl.edu.
- Two recommendations:
- One recommendation must be from a high school teacher.
- One recommendation must be from a high school counselor/advisor.
- Please fill out this form to identify your recommenders. We will email your recommenders directly with a separate form to complete.
- Recommendations must be submitted by the application deadline in March 2022. Please be sure to give your recommenders plenty of advance notice.
Please check back in January 2022 for summer 2022 applications.
An application to Washington University is not required, and admission is not guaranteed.
Testimonials from Past OFSP Scholars
“This program allowed me to experience true college life for the first time while also introducing me to the business world through both simple and interesting lectures done by Washington University staff, and also through open panels with alumni working at various St. Louis-based companies…Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that in this one week long program would I create some of the most significant friendships I had ever had. Through the joy, excitement, sleepiness, fun and laughter that comes with attending the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program, you really do build special bonds with people.”Irfaun, OFSP Alum
“As a part of the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program, through visits to different corporations as well as through hearing lessons from a wide span of Washington University teachers I was exposed to different aspects of business in a fun and intriguing way that left me excited for my future career. But, more importantly, the program taught me skills of how to navigate resumes, financial aid, and team-building skills that can be put to use instantly. I’m amazed at how fast and how much content the program was able to cover within the span of a week and how close you get to others within the program. I will be forever grateful that I was chosen to take part in it.”Kaila, OFSP Alum