Application deadline extended!
Apply now through April 1st, 2023!
Develop your passion. Pursue your dreams. Start your journey on the road to success.
How would you like to learn about business and entrepreneurship from one of the top business schools in the country?
The Olin Fleischer Scholars Program (OFSP) provides a week-long educational experience for first-generation college-bound students or students from low-income households. This program is designed to help students learn about business, build teamwork and presentation skills, and prepare for the college admissions process.
Applications for Summer 2023 are open from January 10 – April 1st, 2023.
Sunday, July 9th – Saturday, July 15th, 2023
While participating in the program, students will:
- Learn about academic and career opportunities in business
- Study and interact with Olin Business School faculty, current WashU students, staff, and alumni
- Interact with business professionals
- Build leadership and communication skills
- Find out more about the college application process and financial assistance/scholarships
- Draft and revise a resume and a personal statement for college
- Develop a business idea with a team and present to a panel of judges
Who Can Attend
- Students who will enter their junior or senior year of high school in the Fall 2023 semester
- OFSP is open to:
- First-in-family to college students and/or
- Students from low-income households
- Preference is given to students from the midwest region
- The program is completely free for accepted student participants
- View the OFSP program flyer here.
How to Apply
You are required to submit the following in order to apply for the program:
- Resume, including any activities, skills, and honors (including interests, student organizations, and community involvements).
- Two short essay questions (Maximum of 300 words each):
- Can you describe and explain your interest in business?
- What do you hope to accomplish and learn as a participant in the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program?
- An unofficial high school transcript
- Complete the online application:
- Applications are due by March 8th, 2023 at 11:59pm
- Two Recommendations:
- One recommendation must be from a high school counselor/advisor
- Recommendations must be submitted by the application deadline in March 2023. Please be sure to give your recommenders plenty of advanced notice.
Applications for Summer 2023 participants are now open!
Participants: Applications will be open from January 10-March 8, 2023:
Apply here for our 2023 cohort.
By applying to this program, you agree to follow the health and safety guidelines (including any vaccination or testing requirements) in place by Washington University in St. Louis at the time of my participation.
Olin Fleischer Scholars Program 2023 is currently scheduled to take place on Washington University’s campus. Participants must follow the health and safety guidelines (including any testing and vaccination requirements) in place by Washington University in St. Louis at the time of participation. As a condition of access to Washington University and affiliated facilities, all participants must be immunized by vaccination against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption from the University.
These guidelines may be found here: https://covid19.wustl.edu/
An application to Washington University is not required, and admission is not guaranteed.
Testimonials from Past OFSP Scholars
“This program allowed me to experience true college life for the first time while also introducing me to the business world through both simple and interesting lectures done by Washington University staff, and also through open panels with alumni working at various St. Louis-based companies…Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that in this one week long program would I create some of the most significant friendships I had ever had. Through the joy, excitement, sleepiness, fun and laughter that comes with attending the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program, you really do build special bonds with people.”Irfaun, OFSP Alum
“As a part of the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program, through visits to different corporations as well as through hearing lessons from a wide span of Washington University teachers I was exposed to different aspects of business in a fun and intriguing way that left me excited for my future career. But, more importantly, the program taught me skills of how to navigate resumes, financial aid, and team-building skills that can be put to use instantly. I’m amazed at how fast and how much content the program was able to cover within the span of a week and how close you get to others within the program. I will be forever grateful that I was chosen to take part in it.”Kaila, OFSP Alum
Please note: while the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program is planned as an in-person experience, the program will be switched to a virtual format if Washington University COVID-19 protocols change to preclude in-person events for summer 2022. The program will announce any necessary changes on the program webpage.
For questions, please contact us at OLIN-FSP@email.wustl.edu or 314-935-4147.