Develop your passion. Pursue your dreams. Start your journey on the road to success.
How would you like to learn about business and entrepreneurship from one of the top business schools in the country?
The Olin Fleischer Scholars Program (OFSP) provides a unique, week-long educational experience for economically disadvantaged, rising high school juniors and seniors. This program is designed to prepare students for the college admission process and learn about business and entrepreneurship.
Applications for Summer 2022 are now closed and admitted students have been notified. Please check back in the fall of 2022 for information about the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program in the summer of 2023.
Sunday, July 10th – Saturday, July 16th, 2022
While participating in the program, students will:
- Learn about academic and career opportunities in business
- Virtually study and interact with Olin Business School faculty, current WashU students, staff, and alumni
- Virtually interact with business professionals
- Build leadership and communication skills
- Find out more about the college application process and financial assistance/scholarships
- Draft and revise a resume and a personal statement for college
- Develop a business idea with a team and present to a panel of judges
Who Can Attend
- Students who will enter their junior or senior year of high school in the Fall 2022 semester
- OFSP is open to:
- First-in-family to college students
- Underrepresented students of color
- Students from low-income households
- Preference is given to students from the midwest region
- The program is completely free for accepted student participants
How to Apply
You are required to submit the following in order to apply for the program:
- Resume, including any activities, skills, and honors (including interests, student organizations, and community involvements).
- Two short essay questions (Maximum of 300 words each):
- Can you describe and explain your interest in business?
- What do you hope to accomplish and learn as a participant in the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program?
- An unofficial high school transcript
- Complete the online application:
- Applications are due by March 11th, 2022 at 11:59pm
- Two Recommendations:
Applications for Summer 2022 participants are now closed.
Participants: Applications will be open from January 10-March 11, 2022: https://wustl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9KB0XhrRKYf8b78
Mentors: Applications will be open from January 4-March 25, 2022: https://wustl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0NES3vod9r02vCm
By applying to this program, you agree to follow the health and safety guidelines (including any vaccination or testing requirements) in place by Washington University in St. Louis at the time of my participation.
Olin Fleischer Scholars Program 2022 is currently scheduled to take place on Washington University’s campus. Participants must follow the health and safety guidelines (including any testing and vaccination requirements) in place by Washington University in St. Louis at the time of participation. As a condition of access to Washington University and affiliated facilities, all participants must be immunized by vaccination against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption from the University.
These guidelines may be found here: https://covid19.wustl.edu/
An application to Washington University is not required, and admission is not guaranteed.
Testimonials from Past OFSP Scholars
“This program allowed me to experience true college life for the first time while also introducing me to the business world through both simple and interesting lectures done by Washington University staff, and also through open panels with alumni working at various St. Louis-based companies…Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that in this one week long program would I create some of the most significant friendships I had ever had. Through the joy, excitement, sleepiness, fun and laughter that comes with attending the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program, you really do build special bonds with people.”Irfaun, OFSP Alum
“As a part of the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program, through visits to different corporations as well as through hearing lessons from a wide span of Washington University teachers I was exposed to different aspects of business in a fun and intriguing way that left me excited for my future career. But, more importantly, the program taught me skills of how to navigate resumes, financial aid, and team-building skills that can be put to use instantly. I’m amazed at how fast and how much content the program was able to cover within the span of a week and how close you get to others within the program. I will be forever grateful that I was chosen to take part in it.”Kaila, OFSP Alum
Please note: while the Olin Fleischer Scholars Program is planned as an in-person experience, the program will be switched to a virtual format if Washington University COVID-19 protocols change to preclude in-person events for summer 2022. The program will announce any necessary changes on the program webpage.